Lubricates Top-End Components
The intense heat of combustion and limitations of the oil-control piston ring result in a lack of oil at the top of each cylinder. AMSOIL Upper Cylinder Lubricant’s unique additives provide that missing lubrication to fight piston-ring and cylinder wear, maximizing engine compression and horsepower. Its lubricity improvers also aid in protecting fuel injectors and other fuel-system components from wear, helping ensure excellent performance and long-life. AMSOIL Upper Cylinder Lubricant delivers 18 percent more lubricity than Lucas* and 20 percent more than Sea Foam* for better retention of horsepower and fuel economy.
Upper Cylinder Lubricant uses potent corrosion inhibitors to coat metal surfaces, block out moisture and stop deterioration before it starts. This is particularly important when using gasoline that contains ethanol due to its propensity to attract water and hasten corrosion. Inhibiting corrosion maximizes component life and reduces wear in the engine’s top-end to guard against compression loss and maintain optimum power.
- Lubricates fuel system and upper cylinders
- Fights ethanol-related corrosion
- Helps keep injectors clean
- Compatible with capless fuel systems
Keeps Injectors Clean
Upper Cylinder Lubricant contains detergent additives designed to maintain injector cleanliness. While AMSOIL P.i. Performance Improver is designed to attack and remove stubborn injector deposits that can reduce power and fuel economy, Upper Cylinder Lubricant helps preserve injector and combustion-chamber cleanliness. Using it with every tank of fuel helps retain fuel-economy and performance gains and maximizes component life.
Many new vehicles have replaced traditional fuel caps with capless systems. The threads on most bottles restrict them from opening the flap inside the fuel neck and make removing the bottle difficult. The AMSOIL Upper Cylinder Lubricant bottle is fully compatible with capless fuel systems. It’s easy to insert, pour and remove the bottle.
- For use with cars and trucks.
- For best results, use with every tank of fuel. Do not refill tank until almost empty.
- Treats up to 25 gallons. Add entire bottle to tank at fill-up.
- Treat large gas tanks with two bottles of Upper Cylinder Lubricant. Using more than two bottles is not recommended.
- Safe for use with catalytic converters, oxygenated gas and up to 15 percent ethanol-blended fuels. Do not use with E85 fuel.
- Do not use with two-stroke or diesel engines.